Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The hard parts and the nasty bits

I love home brewing.  And if you are reading this blog.  Chances are you also have a passion for this hobby.   But there are parts of it I'm tired of, and I think I have a right to be after 20+ years.

So here are somethings I'm tired of in home brewing.  I am posting these with the hope that you will all have some ideas for me of how to make these things easier.

1. Cleaning Carboys. - enough said.   Maybe I just have to break down and get big mouth bubblers, or get the drill driven cleaning wand.  Just look at that layer of dead krausen...

2. Bottling.   I have to get a keg system again.  It is a have to.  Does any one have experience with the Tapadraft system?  Think that's where Im going to invest my money.

3. Beer Clarity -   With out a kegging system.   I never get the clarity I want.  And even if I get it in the secondary by using gelatine as a fining agent (i have a fridge for cold crashing and laggering)  It is gone when I bottle. Has any one tried BioFine?

Any way leave a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment