Thursday, June 4, 2015

Beer Book Study Guides... "How to Brew"

So, I'm re reading John Palmer's "How to Brew".  For those of you who don't know who John Palmer is... well he's an author, and home brew enthusiast.  You know the joke... "he's no rocket scientist?" ... John Palmer actually is a rocket scientist.  I think his education is in metallurgical engineering.   So, he's smart.  But more importantly he makes brewing beer easy to understand.  Something many of the other really smart guys in home brewing don't take the time to do.   John is also a very funny cool person, and like me he loves Tolkien.  So yeah... FRODO LIVES!

As I'm re reading this great book I am taking notes and really studying the material.   I'm treating it like a course in brewing.  I'm creating an outline of every chapter and reviewing the chapter notes as I go.

Wondering if anyone wants me to turn these Notes into a study guide?  A series of worksheets that you can fill out as you read the book?  I don't know about you, but I find that kinda stuff helpful.   If it is helpful I'll probably do it for several of the other brewer's publication books.

No comments:

Post a Comment